The Junior League of Alexandria welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities. Our active members range from early 20’s to well into our 50’s!
So, what do we do? The Junior League of Alexandria…
• Over $270,000 in scholarships and grants have been awarded to senior girls and area non-profits.
• Has operated the ‘New to You’ thrift shop since 1945, which is one way for our members to work hands-on within our community.
• Hosts the annual Cenla KidzFest promoting healthy activities for young people.
• Volunteers time and efforts with a variety of community organizations, such as the Food Bank of Central Louisiana, Girls on the Run, and the Hope House, throughout different times of the year.
• Organizes and leads leadership training workshops for its members, we strive to equip each member with the knowledge and confidence they need to go into the community and serve with other organizations and boards.
• Hosts our league’s most visible fundraising event, A Very Merry Market, held each fall.
Check out our Membership Requirements & join our Potential Member List to be notified when New Member Applications open as well as be invited to interest meetings and events.
The Junior League of Alexandria is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The Junior League of Alexandria is a group of recognized and dedicated leaders who are committed to significantly impacting critical needs through efforts of motivated and educated volunteers. By focusing its resources, in collaboration with other organizations, the Junior League of Alexandria maintains a sense of flexibility and camaraderie, which enables it to positively impact the community in a caring and effective manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
The Junior League of Alexandria welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities.
Join the movement that’s dedicated to creating change, empowering leaders, and impacting the communities of Cenla.
Become a Driving Force of Change Within Your Community
We accept new members between June-September, and our application period is now OPEN. When new members apply, they are invited to join the new member class that provides them with the tools and information they’ll need to play a crucial role in JLA’s current community and leadership growth.
Junior League of Alexandria Eligibility Requirements
- A prospective member must be 21 years of age by May 31st of the proposal year.
- A prospective member must reside in the Central Louisiana area unless otherwise provided herein.
- Before accepting the invitation to membership, the candidate shall have received an orientation in the privileges and responsibilities of League membership and shall agree to engage in community service in connection with the programs of the League.
- New Member Fee (one time) $70; Annual membership Dues $110.
- Buy or sell five (5) cookbooks over a period of (1) year. (New Member year)
- Donate $500 worth of merchandise to the New to You Store during the league year.
- Attend New Member meetings as set by the new member committee. (New Member year)
- Attend 5 general membership meetings during the League year. (Recommended but not required)
- Develop and participate in the New Member project. (New Member year)
- Work two (2) 3-hour shifts at New To You Thrift Shop, in addition to New Member Orientation (New Member year)
- Work two (2) 3-hour community outreach shifts (All members)
- Work two (2) 3-hour shifts at A Very Merry Market (All members)
- Fulfill requirements of placement (Active Year)
Each Active member is required to do a “placement” every year in order to serve her community. A placement can either be with a League-chosen community project or within the League’s administration. New Members are also required to complete a twelve-month New Member Admissions course.
Begin the application process by clicking here for the application. Need more info? Email us at MembershipVP@jlalexandria.com
Eligible and Ready to Apply?
Fill Out Our Membership Form to Get Started!
To learn more about our work and discover more opportunities to get involved, visit our Community page.